Contract Number: WLS268
Contract Expiration Date: 9/28/2021
A simple and reliable virtual classroom solution to power your online teaching and web conferencing needs. Today’s learners want new ways to engage and collaborate. Virtual classrooms and online professional development deliver new opportunities to meet your learners where they are. Inspire and engage your learners with the easy to use online collaborative solutions they crave.
- Easily Reach Your Students, Wherever They Are - Give your students more options to stay engaged. Browser-based web conferencing means there’s nothing to install and every learner has easy access. With collaborative learning tools you can be ready for the mobile user on any browser.
- Simple, Yet Full-Featured Collaboration - Web conferencing should be easy. Our capabilities are intuitive so you can focus on learning engagement, rather than managing technology.
- Your All-In-One Flipped Classroom - Creative mobile-friendly flipped lessons that don’t disappear after two weeks.
- Unmatched User Experience, Convenience - Browser-based web conferencing means there’s nothing to install and every student and teacher has easy access.
- Your Learning, On-Demand - Pause, rewind, or fast-forward lessons. You’re in charge of your learning experience.
- Rich, High-Quality Video & Audio - HD audio and video enables a more engaging learning experience. Display up to five HD videos per conference.
With a modern, intuitive, fully responsive interface, Blackboard Learn™ delivers a simpler, more powerful teaching and learning experience that goes beyond the traditional learning management system (LMS). Your needs have evolved and so have we. Check out how the Ultra experience transformed Blackboard Learn. We think you’ll like what you see: https://youtu.be/A6H2M2egLbY.
- Efficiency. Get Things Done Quickly & Easily. Powerful, yet simple tools and workflows that help learners and instructors stay organized, easily take action, and engage with content and each other.
- Mobility. Any Device, Any Time. Learn and teach anytime, anywhere with a fully responsive design for all devices and delightful mobile apps to support critical workflows such as grading and collaboration.
- Actionable Insights. Data, It's More Than a Buzzword to Us. We’re not just handing you data. We’re surfacing data that matters when it matters most— to foster more personalized interactions and drive student success.
- Accessibility. Helping All Learners Succeed. Our goal is to help all learners—regardless of age, ability or situation—succeed. At Blackboard, accessibility is at the forefront of product development—and never an afterthought.
- Openness. In Every Sense of the Word. Open to integrate. Open to extend. Open to get your data. Because we understand that Learn is just one part of your educational ecosystem. Plus, you’ll have access to the most robust partner network available.
- Reliability. Always On, Always Updated. Teaching and learning never stops. Eliminate downtime (and breathe a sigh of relief), plus take advantage of the latest innovations as soon as they become available; no upgrade—or system downtime—needed.
- Seamless. Go Beyond the Traditional LMS. Excite educators and learners with seamless, deeply integrated tools that “just work”—like publisher content, other Blackboard products, and 3rd party tools.
Blackboard Ally for LMS
Blackboard Ally is a revolutionary product that integrates seamlessly into the learning management system and focuses on making digital course content more accessible.
- Accessible Content Is Better Content - Blackboard Ally helps institutions build a more inclusive learning environment and improve the student experience by helping them take clear control of course content with usability, accessibility and quality in mind.
- Alternative Formats for All Learners - Improve the overall student experience with alternative formats that provide students with the choice and added flexibility that comes with a more personalized approach.
- Institutional Reporting for the Bigger Picture - Automatically check for common accessibility issues and provide institution-wide reporting on the accessibility of your course content to efficiently prioritize your resources and tackle problems.
- Instructor-Specific Feedback to Save Time & Resources - Automatically increase awareness and provide detailed insight and guidance to instructors on how to improve the accessibility of their content.
- Blackboard Ally is LMS Agnostic - Available for Learn, Moodle, and Canvas
Web Community Manager
- Build Websites That Provide Value to Your K-12 Community - Blackboard Web Community Manager is the online presence your district needs in order to stand out to your community and families. Web Community Manager allows parents to play an active role in their child’s success with a dashboard full of personalized student data and gives community members the chance to engage with the district by checking out news and upcoming events on a modern, mobile-friendly website.
- Inform Your Entire K-12 Community - Strengthen your web presence to engage your K-12 community with easy-to-use web tools optimized for mobile viewing. Edit content, upload photos and communicate with your district audiences effortlessly.
- Allow quick access to information your parents and students need the most - Web Community Manager allows parents to play an active role in their child’s success with a dashboard full of personalized student data and gives community members the chance to engage with the district by checking out news and upcoming events on a modern, mobile-friendly website.
- Optimize your online presence with Blackboard - We provide K-12 schools and districts with reliably hosted and low-maintenance content management systems. And we'll partner with you to make sure you get the most out of your investment through great web design templates and support.
Blackboard Ally for Web Community Manager
Blackboard is designed to help K-12 districts and schools gain greater insight into web accessibility including digital web content and websites. Teachers, parents, students, and website visitors of all abilities will have access to content in formats that may be more suited to their specific needs.
- Web Accessibility for Community Engagement - A website is an important part of your communications strategy. We understand the significant role communication has in driving student success and supporting your educational community in meaningful ways. A website is available 24/7 and ADA compliance benefits schools, parents, community members, and students who need information.
- Web Accessibility for Teaching & Learning - Districts need to provide learning materials that are accessible to all students, which enhances an inclusive learning environment. Digital accessibility involves making learning content, web pages, videos, and learning technologies available to students with physical, visual, speech, auditory, neurological or cognitive disabilities.
Blackboard Mass Notification
Confidently engage your community using traditional tools and new channels with the push of a button. The create once, publish everywhere (COPE) movement is breathing life into outdated and clunky communication practices across K-12 districts. By using Blackboard Mass Notifications you can write a message once, select preferred communication methods and publish across your desired channels—saving time, creating consistency and building capacity.
- Personalized Communication for Effective Community Building - Communication is the foundation of effective parent and community engagement. By sending messages to your audiences through the devices and channels they prefer, you'll build a connected and safe environment for learning. Whether you're looking to reach every channel with every message, or want to tailor your distribution for urgent alerts, we have a notification option that will fit your district's needs.
- Use Data to Target Your Messages - Use data from your SIS to automatically update parents with information so you can reach the right contacts with the right information.
- Personalize Your Outreach - Make your messages meaningful to each contact by including their name, student data or information they select as most important to them.
- Manage All Communications - Update your website, social media, phone, email, mobile app and more right from your notification system.
- Gather Important Insight - Use your reports to see who got your messages and identify contact information that needs to be updated.
Blackboard K-12 Mobile Communications App
The Blackboard Mobile Communications App, integrates with all the school tools you need—from websites, social media and mass notifications—for a more streamlined communication experience.
- Custom Branded App for Your District - Engage parents and your community with on demand access to the student and school information they want through their smartphones and tablets using our school communication app.
- All of Your School Information in One Mobile App - Provide all the information parents need—grades, calendars, homework and more—complete with instant notifications to keep everyone informed.
- The Latest Info - School and district news, multimedia, calendars, attendance hotline, staff directory and more.
- Notifications - Important notifications like critical alerts, school closures and early releases.
- Helpful Resources - Lunch menus and balances, athletics schedules, social media and more.
- Personalize the Visitor Experience:
- Grades: In addition to viewing grades, your school app sends a mobile alert if a grade drops below a certain level.
- Assignments: View a full list of current, completed and missed assignments.
- Timely updates: Give your users the information they want most, when they need it.
- Lunch menu/balance: See menus and your cafeteria balance, including low balance reminders.
- Optimized, Targeted Messaging:
- Complete translation: Over 60 languages across the entire interface.
- Messaging: Skip the email inbox, send messages right to your user’s phones.
- Tip line: Submit anonymous tips, suggestions, or surveys, including images and categories.
Help teachers connect with families where they are, in a safe and consistent way, and without adding extra work for busy teachers and parents.
- Consistent Parent Teacher Communication Can Have the Most Impact - Strong teacher-to-home communication must meet the needs of key stakeholders. By giving teachers easy-to-use messaging tools, they can work with parents to give them the information they want most. The communication between the parents and educators happens in a safe environment that allows administrative oversight.
- Enable Parent-Teacher Communication - Allow teacher-to-home communication to happen in a safe environment. Administrators can view messaging reports from every school and every classroom.
- No Teacher Setup - Class rosters and groups are automatically populated for teachers, so they can start messaging right away.
- Personalization - Easily send personalized messages to every parent about their child's academic progress.
For product/service pricing, please reach out to this solution provider with the contact information given at the top of this page.
These products were competitively bid.